Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Visit to the Makati Medical Center

Sometime late last week, I received an email from my dear friend David Dearie, the Command Master Chief of the PCD Makin Island. He asked that I pray for a friend of theirs who is here in the Philippines and suffered a stroke while playing golf. Later on I found out where his friend Rick Meer was being treated. It was just about mile away from my home. Yesterday, 5 February, I was finally able to get to the hospital and meet Rick's wife Laura and Rick himself. Rick is still suffering from the stroke but have improved much already. Some mobility has returned. The doctors are very confident that his progress is going well. Even in a hospital where the atmosphere is generally guarded because of the sick people around, Laura and I were able to talk for a few minutes and reaffirmed our trust in our Lord Jesus our Healer.

What is very strange about all this is that Rick Meer is the brother of Mike Meer. Mike is somebody that my brother Dindo drives for occassionally. As we Christians believe, there are no coincidences.

David Dearie and I met on the USS Mobile Bay. After knowing that we are brothers in Christ, we were able to spend much time of our tour praying together and just sharing how God's worked in our lives. The tour onboard that shi could not have been any better. I have heard of the word godsend a lot but never knew what it meant till I met David. I thank God for him everyday in my prayers.

We continue to pray for Rick's recovery and also for Laura and the children so that their confidence and hope in our Lord Jesus will speed up Rick's recovery.

No comments: